Article by: Jennifer Rohan
Primo One Search, the Holman Library catalog of books, articles and videos, is getting a new user interface. The new catalog can be tested here: NEW Primo One Search Library Catalog.
- From January 4-23, 2017 you will use an interim Library Catalog with this blue interface:
- On January 23, 2017 the Library is going live with not only the final new green Library Catalog interface below, but also an entirely new Integrated Library Management System (the computer “backbone” of the library which runs much of its day-to-day activities).
- Good news: the Primo One Search Library Catalog interface will change only slightly on January 23 (some colors may and a few features may change) so you will already have had the first couple weeks of January to get acquainted with it.
- Heads-up: URL links to records in the any of the previous catalog/user interfaces will change. This means only links you have saved that start with EITHER http://www.library.greenriver.edu/vwebv OR https://wactc-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.comwill be outdated …(all other links to library resources will remain the same)
- some links in library research guides may be outdated – we will be working feverishly to fix those asap.
- so… remember it is always good practice to keep track of the titles and authors of any sources you are researching (not just the URL links).
- Heads up:If you have saved “favorites” or “e-Shelf” items in any previous catalogs, export/email them to yourself by Jan 20. They will not be retained after that time.
- Why the change?:Our old library catalog is over 15 years old; we need to take advantage of new technology that integrates our electronic resources into our library catalog. Many community and technical colleges in Washington state are making the switch to this same new catalog, as well as many four year institutions around the country – a potentially nice advantage for our transfer students.
- What can I expect?:
- Lots of librarian support for you and your students – we will do our best to smooth out any transitional bumps!
- We welcome all your questions and concerns at any time – please email me.
- And no, all your favorite databases like ProQuest and EBSCO Academic Search Premier are NOT going away – we will definitely still be using them!
- So….what exactly can I find in this Primo One Search Library Catalog? For a quick overview, click the image to enlarge:
For more information, visit: http://holmanlibraryblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/holman-library-catalog-gets-face-lift.html.